Lightdash Community

15/07/21 Roundup - What's a ghost's favourite data type?

What’s a ghost’s favourite data type?
Boo-lean :ghost:

Latest Product Updates :zap:

:cloud: You can now use Lightdash with dbt cloud!

So many exciting new features have been shipped in the past two weeks! But, the top spot goes to (:drum: ):

dbt cloud integration :tada:

You can now run Lightdash using a self-hosted dbt project or a dbt cloud project! Check out all of the details for how to setup your Lightdash project in our docs here.

:chart_with_upwards_trend: Sharing your charts is as easy as 1, 2, download .png

You can now download + share your charts as JPEG, PNG, SVG or PDF. Because data is more fun with friends :wink:

ezgif-4-5c3c1b9abece

:date: Date filters have arrived!

Want to find users with the same birthday as you? No problemo.

In the newest release of Lightdash, we’ve added the ability to filter your data by date.

Demo-ing our favourite dbt-specific features in Lightdash :heart_eyes:

:video_camera: Check out the feature demo here.

We’ve made a quick video demo-ing our favourite dbt-specific features in Lightdash. Things like:

• how to connect a dbt cloud project to Lightdash
  • seeing your models’ lineage in the app
  • viewing the source code for your dimensions/metrics right in Lightdash
  • automatically syncing your dimension + metrics into your Lightdash project

Watch the Loom video to see it all in action.

:crystal_ball: Planning the (near) future

Last week, we spent some time working on our product roadmap and really thinking about where we want Lightdash to be in the next 3-6 months.

In case you’re as new to building product roadmaps as I was, here are two blog posts by Jens-Fabian Goetzmann that I found really useful in the process:

• In this one, they explain the difference between product vision, strategy and roadmap. I especially loved the “real life examples” they give of these concepts. :ok_hand:
  • In this one, they give you a “guide” and steps for actually building a product roadmap.

You can follow along with our progress in GitHub here.

That’s all folks!

Thanks for checking out this week’s Roundup. Let us know if you have any questions or comments :heart:

Katie and the Lightdash team

2 Likes